Age is Just a Number Not a Definition of Our Fitness

Age is just a number. Some of us believe it holds a negative stigma as we get older. This is far from the truth and each day should be considered a gift and every age a celebration. Wear it proudly!

We are never too old to get fit and it really comes down to feeling our healthy best at every age. Honestly, I don't even think about my age unless someone makes a comment. Being fit and having a positive attitude makes me feel youthful and excited about living.

Each day is a new chance to make better choices physically, nutritionally, and mentally. How exciting is that! I like to start each day being thankful for the many blessings in my life. I have been through a tough journey and still standing, extremely happy, and going strong with my fitness.

Aging is really a state of mind. I refuse to get all hum-drum about getting older but focus on what I can do to improve my life through the aging process. What it comes down to is not my age but what I'm doing through the ages to make a positive difference.

I can sit around like a bump on a log, depressed, and seeing my life as half over or embrace that my life is more than half full. I choose the latter and enjoy the challenge of becoming stronger physically and mentally.

Sometimes aging holds a stigma of grandma wearing frumpy clothes shuffling along with hair always in a bun. Far from the truth speaking as a Nana. When not in the gym, I enjoy wearing trendy clothes, my hair down and even applying a little makeup. I do believe in less is more with makeup application. I prefer to wear a tinted moisturizer with sunscreen as my main makeup. Being fit at every age really allows us to feel good in our skin and confident about wearing what we want.

Older, wiser and definitely better is what comes with aging. It's an honor and privilege to live each day and being able to exercise is a gift. I believe in a quality life and in quality health. Eating healthy and exercise should be a natural extension of who we are as healthy people at every age. We also are more relaxed, don't sweat the small stuff and realize worry adds nothing to our day. Life is too short to entertain ugly mental stuff that doesn't nourish our soul in a positive way.

I will always be a strong motivator for all people and especially those over 50 who think getting fit is not possible. Becoming your best healthy self at every age is possible and it's a personal choice to make it happen.

Each of our journeys may differ but our goal to be fit and healthy a shared event. Life can be hard and it will be how we respond to every circumstance determining positive or negative growth.

When things feel hard is not the time to give up, eat like crap and not exercise. The result would only create an unhealthy and very unhappy person in the frump zone of life. Life is short and precious and not taking care of yourself is really wadding up your gift and throwing it on the floor.

Fighting for our fitness needs to happen at every age and regardless of our circumstances. Remember, age is just a number and doesn't define our fitness. What does define our fitness are the choices we make every day to adopt a healthy lifestyle.

Thanks for stopping by my Blog. Don't forget to subscribe and never miss a free update.

Be well and Stay Healthy


            

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Care and Rodents

Health Care and Poison Control

How to Lose Weight and Gain Muscle in 7 Steps