Story

The minute passed, after brushing my teeth and combing, I was still surprised to walk around the corner and see him leaning against the wall of gray, so handsome that I was like breathing. He smiles half his mouth with me, then slowly peels a rubber gum. He folded it into his mouth, chewed it, and brought the candy bar toward me. "One?" "No, thank you," I say. He stuffs the candy in the jacket pocket, pulls himself out of the wall with the weight of his shoulders. I nodded, and we walked together again, walking towards the conveyor belt. "Did you send the order?" He asked as we took the escalator. device only A bag ... What about you? "I asked, knowing the answer was no - Leo always went there with the easiest things possible." No, "he said. "But ... I will wait with you." She did not refuse, and when we arrived at the conveyor belt, I even found myself hoping that the luggages were still sleeping. But unlucky - I saw my black bag immediately and had no choice but to lean down. "He picked it up," Leo said, pushing me lightly to the side and lifting the bag. From my carousel up with a small cry. For a moment of sin, I pretend that this is my real life. Leo and I, reporters and photographers return to the city after working again with the star. Collaborating to load his canvas bag on my suitcase and ask, "Did you order the car?" I shook my head. "Temple. I'll call a taxi. "" Same thing, "Leo said. I say, knowing that we are only delaying the inevitable moment. Leo's face lit up in a way that I realized was both surprising and firm. "That's all right," he said firmly. On the outside, the cold spring morning air. Bright pink light stripes in the cloudless sky. Clearly today is a very beautiful day. We walked along the sidewalk to the taxi point and entered a group of people walking. Just a moment later, Leo put our belongings in the trunk of a taxi. "Where?" The driver asked as we were in the back seat of the car. "Two points. The first is Astoria - Newton Boulevard intersecting 28th Street ... and the second one? ... "He looked at me, his brown eyebrows fluttering, waiting for my address." Road 37 intersects Road 3, "I said. Imagine the scene inside my apartment right now - the curtains are still falling and the space is completely quiet except for the muffled thundering of cars in the morning; Andy, wearing a T-shirt and pajama pants, wrapped himself in our bed. The guilty feeling swayed my chest, but I told myself to go home soon. "Murray Hill?" Leo asked with satisfaction. I have never liked my previous place. " We really enjoyed it there, "I said. "There's no scene ... but it's very convenient, central ..." We thought. My husband and I. I can say that also influenced Leo, because there was a very slight adjustment on his face when he nodded, almost respectful. Or maybe he was just thinking of the other half of our own two - Carol, who might be on Newton Avenue right now, waiting for him in her most beautiful nightgown. As we drove down the Long Island Highway, I realized I had no idea whether the two of them were living together, or whether he thought of marriage - with her or with anyone - in the future. I also realized I never told Leo about my ability to move to Atlanta to live. I would like to see this simply as a forgotten accident, but deep down I know that it is deliberately omitted, though I'm not sure why I keep it. I suppose Leo would see that move as if Ellen was tired of following her man? Or do you despise me, based on geography? Or, because at some point, I do not want to move, no matter what I told Andy? Again, I told myself I would have time to analyze things later. At this moment, I just want to enjoy the pure beauty of the moment I'm living here - the dawn is on the horizon, the gently melodious Egyptian music emanating from the radio, realizing that Leo is with me. A few minutes later, we entered Astoria Boulevard, just under Triborough Bridge and overhead tramway. I looked up at the fenced-in lanes and suddenly came across how many memories, all the times I took N to the area. More memories came back to me as we rode into Leo's building and I saw the dreamy scene, the cream-colored, red, and pink bricks-and-mortar houses with garbage cans and Green painted porches protrude in front. Leo just blocks his house in the middle of the building and tells the driver, "Right there on the left and you are ... Close to the white truck." Then, as the car slowed to a pointHe turned to look at me, shook his head and said exactly what I was thinking. "This is so weird." "Tell me," I said. Leo says his lower lip and says, "Do you know what you want to do right now?" Some taboo images skimmed through my head as I tensedly asked, "Is that you? What? "" Take me out of this car and take me with you, "Leo said, his voice low as hypnotic. Make us eggs and salted meat ... make some coffee ... Then sit on the couch and just ... look at me ... and talk to you all day ... "My heart pounded as I thought of what they were I used to work in his apartment on the second floor, just steps from where we are sitting. All things other than chatting. I look into Leo's eyes, feeling weak and a little scared when I'm madly trying to convince myself that entering the house with him is a normal thing. What if I just sit down a little, drink a cup of coffee? Andy is not up yet. He will not remember me until at least an hour later. I cleared my throat, threw my elbows against my thighs, and glanced at the counters that were still counting while we stopped. Finally I said, "So that's what you want? Add some more stories to the cup of coffee? Leo looks at me for a long time and says, "Okay. You are right I'm sorry ... "He clasped his hands on his hair, breathing heavily, and withdrew two twenty dollars from his wallet. I shook my head. "I'm here, Leo." "No," Leo said. This is a point Leo and Andy similarities, both resolutely refused to let a girl pay for anything. But Andy's attitude seems to derive from his openness; Leo, that is self-esteem. He put two bills for me again. "Come on." "This is too much," I say. "The clock is only fourteen dollars." "Just take it, Ellen," he said. Because I do not want our last exchange to be a push-pull move, I took my money and said, "Okay. Thank you. "He nodded. "Good night ... It was so ... good." His words were broken, but the tone was sincere. You really think so. I love our time together as much as I love it. I noticed that the driver glanced at us with suspiciousness in the rearview mirror before getting out of the car, coming out behind the trunk, lighting the smoking cigarette and waiting. Are we clear? "Leo asked. I laughed nervously. "That's it." "Okay," Leo said. "Where do we come from?" "I do not remember," I say, feeling puzzled and overwhelmed. Looking up at the ceiling and looking at me again. "I think we just found out that you came in there was a bad idea, right?" "Sure," I said, "so," Leo said, his eyes burning my eyes. "I guess so." "Yes," I said. He hesitated, and for a second, just like in the restaurant, I thought he would hug me, or even kiss me. Instead, he just smiled sadly at me before turning back to his car. The car door slammed behind him, and I watched him thrust the bag over his shoulder, strode across the sidewalk toward his apartment, and walked two steps up the hall to the lobby. He did not waved good bye, or even just looked at the taxi once before opening the main door and losing it inside. My eyes are spicy when the car rolls out of the sidewalk, and I repeat the last words in my head, countless times. That it. Prev Chapter Next Loading ... Sstruyen.com.vn is the website for reading stories online, attractive with all kinds of stories, narrative, story, the story, not stories, teen stories .... Story is updated the fastest and supports reading on any device such as mobile or tablet. Email: hello@sstruyen.com.vsay, suakhoaoto.com.vn, novels, teenagers, gifts, event companies, delicious, cheap car keys, lock safes , make piaggio car keys
Categories
List

Find Stories

Home »Chapters» Love On The Side Of The Ta-Chapter 18
LOVE PEOPLE
Love You By The Side-Chapter 18

View: 1812 | European Novel, Love
Story Novel
 Previous Chapter Next Chapter

Love On My Side

Author: Emily Giffin

Chapter 18
On a short drive from Queens back to Manhattan, my feelings go from loneliness to endless memory, almost as regret. But as we pushed the door of our apartment and saw Andy in his favorite blue-striped robe, wiping out a large bundle of grilled avocado, I could see nothing but clear guilt, strong and painful. However, in some strange way, that feeling is almost a salvation for this evil thing - and proof that I have not gone astray. That deep down, I'm still a good wife.
"Hello, darling," Andy said, placing the knife on the counter and wrapping his arms around me with a happy hug.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Health Care and Rodents

Health Care and Poison Control

How to Lose Weight and Gain Muscle in 7 Steps